Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Charity forms a strategic partnership with leading life sciences venture capital and growth equity firm, SV Health Investors, and invests at least $25 million into SV’s seventh biotech-focused VC fund
- Partnership focuses on accelerating the translation of CRUK’s research and the development of new cancer medicines for patients
- Integrated communications programme, coordinated with charity’s in-house communications team and SV Health, to announce charity’s multi-million dollar investment and partnership and provide a platform for broader story on charity’s commitment to innovation
- Targeted stakeholder engagement to build understanding of investment case and development of communications materials to support announcement
- Proactive media strategy, in line with legal guidelines, including an exclusive under-embargo media briefing with science editor of the Financial Times
- Successful placement of news in the Financial Times, supported by extensive media coverage across all key trade media reflecting charity’s key messages
- Increased awareness and understanding of charity’s investment in innovation and its partnership with SV Health